- Engaging in Early Consultations and Advisory
- Promotion of Sustainable Indigenous Practices
- Facilitating Negotiations and Conflict Resolution
- Advocacy for Changes in Legal Frameworks
- Financial Benefit Consultations
- Facilitating Dialogue and Collaboration
- Advocating for our Traditional Lands and Practices
- Building Economic Opportunities
- Ensuring Fair Benefit-sharing
- Amplifying Education and Skills Training
Maawandoon is a traditional Ojibway term meaning ‘bringing us together’. Now, more than ever, the success of resource projects depends on the quality of Indigenous community engagement by businesses.
Maawandoon is a leading national firm in Indigenous community engagement. Our team’s expertise is grounded in our unique experiences with community-based development and capacity building. We guide projects to completion by drawing on our deep understanding of local governance, community protocols, regulatory frameworks, and legislation affecting Indigenous communities.